Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Devotional #1

Thought it would be fun to start an online devotional as part of our blog. It is great way for people to share their insights and learn more about God's word. Here is an example....

James 4:17 "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."

I have had the pleasure to meet with a man, Ross from our church, each week for breakfast to learn from him and go through the book The Good and Beautiful Life by James Bryan Smith. One of the many pieces of wisdom I have picked up from this time with Ross is the phrase "Do what is right and let God take care of the rest!"

This phrase has changed the way I look at everything from life, marriage, even to wrestling. All I am asked to do is what God is calling me to do....the right thing! Such as: Should I make this or that purchase? As a coach and competitor am I  doing what is ethical and right? How should I treat this or that person? How should I handle a situation? All of these can be answered by doing what is right, they may not have the most positive "worldly" outcome, but God is in charge and the world is under his control. He will work things out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment