Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Devotional #3

1 Corinthians 9:24
" Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize"

How to avoid Plateaus

One of the athletic principals we can apply to our spiritual life is that of confusion. Specifically muscle confusion. If we were to run a mile every day for month eventually we would reach a point where our time would stop decreasing and just level out. To make sure this doesn't happen we would need to run more, run faster, or run longer. It is a principal almost every coach at every level knows.

When it comes to our spiritual life however we(or I do) ignore this principal. We do the same thing day in day out. Get up, maybe have a quiet time, throw out some "drive by prayers", pray before meals, and then before bed. We(or I do) plateau spiritually. One of the the things I have been challenged with lately is to change things up. Read books that I may not normally choose, during my quiet time read a commentary to supplement my reading, meet with a mentor, or disciple someone. Often times we use Biblical principles in our athletic lives, now may be the time to incorporate an athletic principal into our Spiritual life.

WANT TO WRITE A DEVOTIONAL? It is easy just pick a verse(or 2) write a few paragraphs on it and email it to me! Would be a great way for us to share our insights and challenge each other. Would love to get perspective from both guys and girls, does not have to be "athletic" focused.

Email me: rob.bronson@athletesinaction.org

No comments:

Post a Comment